Giles G. Smyth, Partner
Giles heads up the Property Department. He has for the last sixteen years specialised in all matters property related and acts for many of the country’s top developers, property companies and banks.
His broad range of experience also incorporates property based litigation and property related matters in insolvency. He advises clients on varied and complex property acquisitions and disposals, including tax-driven schemes, co-owned and syndicated property transactions, Landlord and Tenant issues and secured and structured finance.
Giles acts for many clients in the purchase and sale of private residences, apartments and both agricultural and development land. Giles advises clients in all aspects of property based negligence claims such as defective title, defective security, property defects and negligent lending cases.
Areas of Expertise
Giles's areas of expertise include advising on:
- Acquisitions and disposal of properties
- Secured and structured finance
- Drafting and negotiating of commercial leases
- Security and property title reviews
- Warranty claims for property defects
- Development and multi-unit schemes
- Planning and environment law