Brian Baily, Partner
Brian leads the Litigation Department. He has for the last eighteen years specialised in litigation, insolvency and asset/debt recovery.
In recent years, he has worked for a number of lending institutions in asset recovery cases and in professional negligence actions. His broad range of experience also incorporates land and property disputes and employment law matters.
He advises many of Ireland's leading banks, receivers, and liquidators in insolvency appointments and in disputes that arise from security documents.
He is an experienced practitioner in all Courts and has been involved in many cases before the Commercial Court. Brian is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and has advised many clients in Commercial Arbitrations.
Areas of Expertise
Brian’s areas of expertise include advising on:
- Actions against professional advisors for negligence and breach of undertakings
- The appointment of receivers by lending institutions
- Landlord and Tenant litigation
- Actions for repossession of properties before the High and Circuit Courts
- Debt recovery litigation
- Unfair dismissal/employment law issues.
- Personal injury claims
- Probate litigation